The following is a list of recommended items to bring:
For participants coming from abroad
Bring 2 copies of your passport, flight ticket, and fly itinerary for the SciTech staff. Please note that during the summer, Israel is hot and humid, so be sure to pack accordingly.
For participants coming from Israel
Bring your "Kupat Holim" membership card
Travelers' Checks and cash may be kept in the SciTech safe for safekeeping. We recommend participants keep no more than 200NIS on them at any given time, there is no need to carry large sums of money. Participants will be able to withdraw money from the safe during their stay. Remember, SciTech is an all-inclusive program which means all meals and travel arrangements within Israel during the program are included.
The duration of the program is 4 weeks, so pack accordingly.
For everyday lab operations- Bring comfortable clothes. No tank tops or sleeveless shirts, dangling jewelry and sandals are allowed. Loose hair must be tied back.
Bring one set of formal clothes for the concluding ceremony
Bring clothes suitable for hiking.
Swimsuit and swim cap (swim caps are required and enforced in all pool facilities for both genders)
There is a strict dress code for the trips to religious sites:
(a) shirts and tops must cover at least the elbows;
(b) pants must cover the entire legs, no shorts;
(c) skirts that clearly pass the knees are acceptable.
For the labs, wear comfortable shoes that cover your feet completely (no sandals or flip-flops are allowed).
Bring comfortable walking shoes for hiking.
Bring sandals and/or water shoes for use in the showers and the beach.
- Toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gel, creams, etc.
- Personal medication(s)
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat
- Bug/Mosquito repellent
- Daypack and/or backpack for trips in order to carry a change of clothes, water, and personal items
- Wallet and pouch for important documents
- A USB for storing your research file(s) is highly recommended.
- We do not recommend you bring a laptop, there have been accounts of stolen laptops on and off campus.